Happiness is meant to be shared


Friday, February 6, 2009

Josie Maiz Larsen
January 21, 2009
3:09 am
6 pounds 9 ounces
19 1/2 inches

Josie was born fast, real fast. We left for the hospital around 2:30 am and she came at 3:09. I really didn't have to do much work at all. I guess I am just lucky that way(I had Jett just as fast). The nurses were still coming in to prep when she came surprising them all. My doctor mad it just in time to deliver the after birth. We were expecting another toe head so we were surprised to see her dark hair. She is BEAUTIFUL and so much fun.

Our little sweetheart had jaundice and had to stay an extra day to have light therapy. She didn't seem to mind the warm rays at all

We had to take Josie to get a bilirubon test every day for five days. Her poor little hills had been pricked so much and were bruised purple. the phlebotomist had a hard time finding a new spot to poke. I felt so bad for her and hated to take her in.

Here she is ready to go for another test.
Josie is very loved by her brothers.
They came to see her every day until we brought her home.


She has this guy wrapped around her finger. He is so cute with her.

My mom is the best. She always comes to the rescue. She took a week off of work to do my not so favorite things like cook, clean and my never ending laundry. She let me get some much needed rest and took great care of the kids while Ty had to go back to work.
Thank you mom I love you!

Helping Josie to get some sunshine.

Jett will not go by his sister without stopping to kiss her and fill her soft cheeks. He tells me how cute she is at least 20 times a day. He is so cute with her and way more gentle than I ever imagined him to be.

The boys seem so much bigger now. It's like they instantly grew.


Boden is a really big help. He is really good at holding Josie supporting her head like a pro. He is always checking on her and she loves to hear his voice.

She is already growing to fast. At her two week Dr visit she gained a pound and grew an inch.
I am very blessed
need I say more?


Josie loves the attention she gets from her brothers. She seems to be the most comfortable when they are at their noisiest
The boys named her Toki before she was even born. They would argue with Ty and I over what her name would be. They are too funny, but don't all little girls need nicknames from their big brothers?

11 comments:

Stitchnmom said...

Congratulations! What a little sweetie and the boys are so adorable with her. Loved all the pics!

The Morrells said...

Congrats! She is precious! I've been checking your blog lately to see if you had her, so I'm glad to see she is here and hear that everything went well! What a lucky girl you are to have a fast labor like that! I felt like all my kids had gone through a growth spurt while I was in the hospital because when I brought the baby home, they seemed so much bigger. It's easy to forget how little newborn babies are, but it's still crazy to look at them and think that you had that in your belly!

Lacey said...

She's adorable and you are so lucky. Wow she came fast. I cried when my mom went home. I can't wait to see her. Hopefully we can meet up next weekend.

Cando said...

Congrats!! Oh Sloan she is SO darling. Little girls are so yummy. I'm way happy for you. She's lucky to have such good big brothers!

The Robinsons said...

CONGRATS! She looks cute! Your boys look like big helpers.

jennie said...

Sloan! CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful! I love her name too! I haven't given birth but when that day comes, I hope it is just as fast! You have such a cute family!

Jessie & Mike Sorbe said...

JUICY!! (LOL! :D Haven't heard that for awhile huh!? Or maybe you have,.. I dunno!) CONGRATULATIONS!! She is BEAUTIFUL!! She looks just like her Mom! She even has your smile!! She's so precious! We need to get together sometime soon! Let me know! Love Ya!
Love,
Jess

Cyndi said...

She is so cute! I feel so bad about her little heel. Lily had it done once and that wqas bad enough. your boys will be great big brothers! How fun for her. She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! CONGRATS!!

The Spencers said...

Congratulations Sloan! She is a pretty baby. I love her name too, named after her mamma! Cute!
Jen

Sharps said...

She is so darling. CUTE brown hair. How fun! Two boys and your little girl. I LOVE all your names by the way. I think I have told you that I have always loved the name Jett. So cute. Congratulations.

Mikkel said...

Yay for little Josie! I love the name. Very fitting miss Josie Sloan. Whenever I meet a Josie I think of you. So glad everything went well and that you are all enjoying your new precious little girl!