We have been doing a lot this Summer. We go to Kanab as often as we can. The boys really live it up there. They love to run wild & some what unsupervised in my parents big yard.

Puzzle time
Growing up in Kanab we always had a garden. Now my children get to be a part of the whole gardening experience.

My mom and Boden planting carrots

I wish I had my mothers patients. She taught the boys all about gardening and let them do a lot of it by their selves.

Sending Daddy off to work.
Every weekday morning the boys watch, wave and blow kisses as Ty leaves for work.

We took a little weekend vacation to Vegas and had our first trip to the Dolphin Habitat and the Secret Garden at the Mirage. The dolphins were awesome and so playful. This one kept trying to toss a ball to the boys.

We also stopped by the Las Vegas Zoo. We hit the zoo almost every time we visit Vegas. The boys get bird seed right at the start and then the chickens, pigeons and peacocks follow them through the whole zoo. I'm always afraid we are going to get pooped on. We also fed the goats. One goat took a cup of food out of Bodens hand and tipped it up to eat. He had definitely had some practice. We always have lots of fun there.

Boden graduated preschool this year. We are very proud of him. He started the school year at big preschool that ended up closing down in March do to the economy. I felt so bad for Bode. He had a lot of friends in that school and there was still three months of the school year left. I called a few schools and found a nice small class of 7 kids. It was actually a blessing that the other school closed. Boden loved his new teacher and grew new friendships. He received a lot more one-on-one time and learned a lot in such a short time.

We have been camping as much as we can. We simply just love being away from all the noise and chaos. We can't get enough. It is so relaxing and peaceful and it is so fun to watch the boys just being boys.

Josie had her first camping experience and loved every minute of it. I guess she will fit in just fine. lol. This picture is of her, first thing in the morning. She woke up in the tent with her usual good morning, happy to see you smile.

Enjoying the camp fire

The boys caught frogs at Gunlock. They captured around twenty, no joke. Ty told them they could bring them home and swim with them. I tried to get him to reason with me that this wasn't a good idea, but the offer was already on the table. The boys probably had the most fun they have ever had that day. At the end of the day we returned the frogs to their natural habitat. I decided this was a once in a lifetime experience for my boys and I am grateful Ty gave it to them.

Discovery Channel's new frog hunters.

Ty in his element. Alone in the wilderness. Backpacking is Ty's favorite thing to do. He would go every weekend if he could. Its his religion. Seriously.

Boden shooting the BB gun

Jett having his turn with a little help from dad.

Some worn out kids after a weekend on the mountain. Boden is looking cute and Jett fell asleep wearing my sun glasses.
9 comments:
What a fun summer! We are jealous!!
I've probably told you this before, but you have the cutest family! your kids are adorable! Thats a lot of frogs! I can't believe they caught that many. I agree with you, we try and get out of the chaos as much as possible too.
Sounds like a great start to summer! How is life with three?
Looks like you're having a fun summer. I love to get away from 'it' all too! I love those frogs in the pool picture. Reminds me of growing up in Kanab. My brothers and I always went down to the creek and caught frogs and toads and then brought them home and made these huge homes for them. That will make some great memories for them.
I love taking my kids back to Kanab too. We love the outdoors also. Your little one is growing so so fast. It goes too fast doesn't it
Looks like you are having a great summer so far!! I love your boys in all their cute matching hats. And how cute, 'the frog hunters'. The seriously swam with a bunch of frogs! traj would love that.
It looks like you're keeping your kids busy this summer. I love the photo of the boys swimming with frogs, that is too cute. Your family is wonderful, you and Ty are great parents.
Looks like you are staying busy this summer and having a lot of fun! I loved the frogs, my boys would think that is great! Your kids are cute! It's fun to see pictures of them.
What happened to Josie?? She's huge!!! I need to see her. We are coming down for a family reunion at the end of the month. I'll call you!
Post a Comment